Photo Fringe is seeking an Assistant Producer
Assistant Producer – Freelance Contract
Brighton Photo Fringe seeks an Assistant Producer to help deliver the Photo Fringe 2020 festival that launches on 3 October 2020.
We are seeking an early career practitioner who already has some experience of assisting with digital communications, updating websites and exhibition production.
You will need to demonstrate through your application and interview:
- a professional, can-do, hands-on attitude
- a passion for photography
- an active commitment to anti-racism and the creative case for diversity
- some experience of increasing access to the arts
- experience of collaboration with a wide range of people
- experience of managing social media accounts and websites
- experience of installing exhibitions
This is a freelance contract for 16 hours per week, £10 per hour, to be worked flexibly in negotiation with the Director from as soon as possible to 15 November. We are ideally looking for someone with some flexibility in the hours and days they can work.
Some of the work will take place offline, so we are looking for someone within easy commuting distance of Brighton.
You will need to be able to travel between Brighton and Worthing by car or public transport.
You will assist the Director, Claire Wearn, in the delivery of the Photo Fringe festival. This will consist in the following tasks, and others to be devised by the Director, as required:
- Assist the Director and Trustee Helen Wade to deliver vibrant and timely social media content
- Develop Photo Fringe social media networks and grow Instagram followers
- Update the website with new content as directed
- Undertake image research, captioning and formatting
- Seek copyright permissions from artists and sign-off from partners
- Promote Photo Fringe through other networks as directed
- Distribute and install Photo Fringe marketing print and vinyls
- Assist the Director in the delivery, installation, promotion and evaluation of the Outdoor Hub in Brighton and Worthing.
- Assist the Director in the delivery, installation, promotion and evaluation of the Collectives’ Hub at Phoenix Art Space
- Assist the Director in managing our OPEN calls.
- Assist the Director to coordinate and deliver festival events online and in real life.
- Assist the Director with admin tasks such as collating receipts, updating budgets and checking insurance and organising transport.
- Coordinate and deliver the Photo Fringe 2020 launch and closing party
Volunteers and Invigilation
- Organise volunteer recruitment
- Manage the volunteer rota
- Oversee invigilation of the Hub exhibition where required
- Invigilate when required
How To Apply
To apply please send a covering letter no more than 2 sides of A4 or a video, no more than 5 minutes long, that demonstrates how you meet our criteria as listed above and how your experience to date has developed the skills required to deliver the above job description.
Please also send your CV no longer than 2 sides of A4 or a separate 3 minute video that covers your complete work experience to date; any qualifications you have and any training you have undertaken outside of formal education.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance in completing our application process.
Please email applications to email@example.com with Assistant Producer Application and your name in the subject line.
Please also complete an online equal opportunities monitoring form at this link. The personal data you supply on this online form will not be viewed with your application and will only be used anonymously by Photo Fringe for the purposes of evaluation. It will only ever be shared in its aggregated anonymous form.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday 9 August 2020 at 8pm.
We will contact selected candidates by Tuesday 11 August. Interviews will be held by Zoom at a time to be confirmed with suitable candidates during the week of 10 August.
Start date will be immediate.
Due to reduced capacity at the present time we are only able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the 14 August you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We are not able to give feedback on applications due to our limited capacity this year. We thank you in advance for your interest in Photo Fringe. We really appreciate it and wish you all the best for your search for work.