OPEN CALL: Not the Final Major Project - DEADLINE 20 JULY
Photohastings, in collaboration with Brighton Photo Fringe, are offering recent graduates the opportunity to submit their 'final' major projects for a collaborative exhibition this October, as part of a season celebrating photographic practice throughout the South East.
Reflecting Brighton Photo Fringe 2018's mission Developing New Ways of Seeing Together, this exhibition opportunity aims to support emerging artists in the all too daunting gap between graduation and progression within the ever-expanding field of photography. This is the chance to have work shared and experienced beyond the graduate shows.
We are looking for projects that show a strong conceptual, aesthetic and technological understanding, that reflect the contemporary themes of the medium in an engaging and exciting way.
- A group exhibition at Hastings Arts Forum, a professional gallery, from 2nd - 18th October.
- An organised Private view event on Friday 5th October.
- Publicity and marketing through Photohastings, Brighton Photo Fringe & Hastings Arts Forum, inc. mention in the Brighton Photo Fringe festival programme.
- You must have graduated from a BA or MA photography/fine art degree course in the UK within the last 2 years.
- We are looking for works that are already made; this doesn't necessarily have to be your FMP. These can be framed, mounted, projected, sculptural pieces, books etc.
- You must be able to transport this work to Hastings, ready for installation on Monday 1st October 2018.
- Photohastings receives no public funding. We will therefore be asking for a contribution of £50 to help cover the hire costs of the venue only. Any sponsorship for the event to offset the artists’ fee is welcomed.
About the exhibition venue
Hastings Arts Forum is a registered charity and members' organisation committed to promoting arts in the South East. The gallery is located on St Leonards seafront, with clear signage & a double shop-front, in close proximity to St Leonards Warrior Square train station. HAF is supported by over 400+ members, with an extensive mailing list.
How to apply
If you would like to participate, please send a brief statement (2 sides of A4) of your selected project, with low-res images of the work in situ (no more than 8 images) (or dimensions/framing info given) to Sarah French, email@example.com.
The works will then be selected by a committee. Please feel free to contact Sarah with any questions you may have.
Deadline: Friday 20 July 2018